Friday 13 September 2013

My Top 3 Foundations

For my first post I decided to show you my top 3 foundations, foundations are such a nightmare and the truth is there isn't a perfect foundation for anyone because we all have different skin types/tones and are different ages.

  1.  Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation

What the company says about it:  Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion Suitable for all skin types, it smooths  softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage.

What I Say About it  :   After only buying this foundation 2 weeks ago I must say I am impressed, I heard so much about this foundation and was not disappointed its gives a nice coverage which is what I always look for in a foundation.
To apply it so for I have only used  the holy grail the (beauty blender) www.beautyblender.co.uk  and the real techniques stippling brush www.realtechniques.com both worked pretty well however I preferred the stippling brush to apply as is it much more blend able with it.
Overall really nice foundation doesn't give a cakey appearance ... comes in a wide range of colors and tones and is perfect for all ethnicity's

Price £27.00 
If Your A Pro £16.00 

  2.  Revlon colour stay foundation




What the company says about it :  Makeup provides lightweight comfort, so you feel like you’re not wearing makeup. Looks fresh for up to 16 hours.



What I Say About It :  For a drugstore product this foundation is amazing its gives a fabulous coverage and comes in two types, for two types of skin Oily & Dry I have only tried the Oily one so that is what im basing this review off ... If you have bad skin (like me) redness and raised areas this is a perfect foundation, I was so sick of not finding that perfect foundation for me this was it.
My only problem with this foundation was the colors that it came in they where always all pink undertones which I tend not to go for.. pink undertones are perfect if you have fair skin or are ginger... I always had to tone this foundation down, to apply I only ever used the beauty blender
 This foundation can give a cakey effect but if applied properly looks amazing you can get this at any drugstore in England.

Price £12.49


3.   CHANEL VITALUMIÈRE SATIN Smoothing Fluid Makeup

What the company saysThe light texture of VITALUMIÈRE fluid gives a slightly satin finish, for a radiant, natural, youthful-looking makeup 

What I say About it: This foundation is for all the mature ladies out there anyone who is 35+ its perfect for making your skin look amazing it really does give a satin finish, however if you and younger than 35 don't try this foundation as it was made for the mature ladies and looks wrong on anyone under than 35. its light looks fresh and gives mature ladies a really gorgeous glow only issue is that it doesn't come in a wide range of colors.

Price £34 

What are your thoughts ... what are your favorite foundations ?
Let me know

Beth 
xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment